Scholar at a table with books and a candlestick
Part of the Stichting Foundation Rembrandt Research Project book series (RRSE, volume 3)
An apparently well preserved painting that was done probably in the 1640s in Rembrandt’s circle, using a drawing by Ferdinand Bol, and by the same hand as no. C 90.
KeywordsBase Tone Dark Paint Yellowed Layer Vertical Stroke Grey Paint
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Budapest, Szépmüvészeti Múzeum, No. 235
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Br. 435; Gerson 222; Br.-Gerson 435.Google Scholar
- 2.A. von Wurzbach, Niederländisches Künstler-Lexikon II, Vienna-Leipzig 1910, p. 397.Google Scholar
- 3.J.C. Van Dyke, Rembrandt and his school, New York 1923, pl. XXXII fig. 124 (not mentioned in the text).Google Scholar
- 4.Schwartz 1984, pp. 234, 380.Google Scholar
- 5.Tümpel 1986, cat. no. A 41.Google Scholar
- 6.HdG 230.Google Scholar
© Stichting Foundation Rembrandt Research Project 1989