The parable of the labourers in the vineyard
Leningrad, the Hermitage Museum, Inv. No. 757
Part of the Stichting Foundation Rembrandt Research Project book series (RRSE, volume 3)
A generally well preserved work that was most probably painted in Rembrandt’s workshop in 1637, as a copy after a lost original by Rembrandt himself.
KeywordsPaint Surface Preserve Work Presume Original Fell Date Workshop Copy
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gerson 83; Schwartz 1984, fig. 187; Tümpel 1986, cat. no. 55.Google Scholar
- 2a.B. Knipping, De iconografie van de Contra-Reformatie in de Nederlanden, Hilversum 1939, I, p. 301.Google Scholar
- 2b.R. Hamann, Rembrandt, Berlin 1948, pp. 264–266.Google Scholar
- 3a.Y. Kuznetsov, ‘Le tableau de Rembrandt “La parabole des vignerons”’, Travaux du Musée National de l’Hermitage 6 (1961), pp. 60–88 (in Russian with French summary).Google Scholar
- 3b.Idem in: Rembrandt Harmensz. van Rijn. Paintings from Soviet Museums, Leningrad [c. 1971], no. 11.Google Scholar
- 4.HdG 116.Google Scholar
© Stichting Foundation Rembrandt Research Project 1989