Landscape with a stone bridge
Part of the Stichting Foundation Rembrandt Research Project book series (RRSE, volume 3)
A well preserved and authentic painting, unsigned and undated, which may be dated in the late 1630s.
KeywordsAnnual Ring Yellowish Ground Wooden Fence Stone Bridge Church Tower
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Amsterdam, Rijksmuseum, Inv. No. A 1935
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.HdG 939.Google Scholar
- 3.W. Stechow, Dutch landscape paintings of the seventeenth century, London 1966, p. 57.Google Scholar
- 4.Gerson 197; Br.-Gerson 445.Google Scholar
- 5.C. Schneider, ‘A new look at The landscape with an obelisk’, Fenway Court 1984, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Boston 1985, pp. 6–21, esp. 10.Google Scholar
- 6.W. Bode, Bilderlese aus kleineren deutschen Galerien II, Die Groszherzogliche Galerie zu Oldenburg, Vienna 1887, p. 34.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Rostworowski, Rembrandta przypowieść o milosiernym Samarytaninie (Rembrandt’s parable of the Good Samaritan), Warsaw 1980, pp. 106, 141 note 17.Google Scholar
- 8.F. Lugt, Wandelingen met Rembrandt in en om Amsterdam, Amsterdam 2nd edn 1915, p. 126.Google Scholar
- 9.J. Bruyn, ‘Toward a scriptural reading of seventeenth-century Dutch landscape paintings’, in: P.C. Sutton et al., cat. exhibn. Masters of 17th-century Dutch landscape painting, Amsterdam-Boston-Philadelphia 1987/88, pp. 84–103, esp. 97–98.Google Scholar
© Stichting Foundation Rembrandt Research Project 1989