Interaction of Femur-Hip Joint Endoprosthesis with Articulated Stem
The paper deals with the interaction between the POLDI endoprosthesis with an articulated stem and femur. The stem of the endoprosthesis consists of five dia.4.5 mm bars 200 mm long. The upper ends of the bars are firmly connected with the collar, their lower ends are welded together. The endoprosthesis is made of AKV Ultra 2 austenitic stainless steel. Primary fixation of the endoprosthesis works through steady wedging of the stem into the beforehand prepared bone cavity without the application of the bone cement. Secondary fixation is ensured with bone ingrowth among the bars of the stem. The subject of the research was to gain basic knowledge about forceflow through the implant into the bone tissue and to find out stress distribution with its maximum values in the stem structure. An experimental analysis concerning the change of femur behaviour after the fitting of the endoprosthesis was carried out and a Finite-Element model was constructed.
KeywordsBone Tissue Austenitic Stainless Steel Lateral Side Bone Cement Medial Side
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Čech,0.,Pavlansky,R.,Alloarthoplastic of Hip Joint,Avicenum,Prague,1983Google Scholar
- 2.Charnley,J .,Low-friction Arthoplasty of the Hip,Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg New York,1978Google Scholar
- 3.Huiskes,R.,Some Fundamental Aspects of Human Joint Replacement,Acta 0r- thopedica Scandinavia.No.185,1979Google Scholar
- 4.Huiskes,R.,Biomechanics of Bone-Implant Interaction. Frontiers in Biomechanics,Springer-Verlag New York Berlin Heidelberg Tokyo,1986,pp245–262Google Scholar
- 5.Jirová,J.,Čech,0.,Beznoska,S.,Novotný,R.,Development of a New Type of Hip Joint Prosthesis.Biomechanics X-A,Human Kinetics Publishers,Champaign,Illinois,1987,pp 119–122Google Scholar
- 6.Jírová,J.,Beránek,R.,Slavík,M.,Karpíšek,M.,Force Interaction between Hip Joint and Bone,Research report,Inst.of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics CSAS,1989Google Scholar
- 7.Kauflerová,T.,Numerical Analysis of Interaction between Femur and Endoprosthesis with isoelastic Stem,Research report,Inst.of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics CSAS,1990Google Scholar
- 8.Rohlmann,A.,Mössner,U.,Bergmann,G.,Kölbel,B.,Finite-Element-Analysis and Experimental Investigation in a Femur with Hip Endoprosthesis.J.Biomechanics Vol.16,No.9,pp 727–742Google Scholar