Theoretical and Practical Study of On-Line Identification for the Grinding Burn
The grinding burn is one of most serious problem in the field of surface integrity. However, previous works are based on the experimental methods for investigating residual stress, microhardness and metallograph in the laboratory conditions and visual methods for identifying the burned colour in the pratical situation. So far there has not yet been any studies successfully applied to the on-line conditions. Based on the characteristic analysis for the grinding sparks temperature collected by an infrared measuring instrument, this paper proposes a new recognition techique to identify the grinding burn in the on-line conditions. Experiments show that this recognition technique is available to the mass production of ball bearing.
KeywordsSurface Integrity Ball Bearing Relational Grade Grey System Theory Kurtosis Coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Huang Ren, Shi Xiurong, Research on the grinding sparks temperature via infrared measuring system. Journal of Nanjing Institute of Technology, No.3 1983.Google Scholar
- 2.Huang Ren, Surface integrity of precision grinding and on-line monitoring, Machine Fault Diagnosis and Operation Condition Monitoring, Southeast Unversity Press, 1988, pp.135–220.Google Scholar
- 3.Huang Ren,Shi Xiurong, A feasibility study of on-line monitoring for the burn of ground surface layer via grinding sparks temperature, Proceedings of the Second International Metal Cutting Conference, 1985, pp. 484–502.Google Scholar
- 4.Huang Ren, Theoretical study of on-line identification for the grinding burn, Journal of Nanjing Institute of Technology, No.2, 1988, pp. 1–12.Google Scholar
- 5.Huang Ren, Research on the methods of on-line identification for the grinding burn, Journal of Nanjing Institute of Technology, No.2, 1988, pp. 13–20.Google Scholar
- 6.Deng Julong, Relational space of grey system, Fuzzy Mathematics, No.3 1985, pp.Google Scholar
- 7.Zhou Guanxiong, Computer pattern recognition, Hua Zhong University of Science and Technology Press, 1986.Google Scholar