Performance of the Superconducting Magnets for the HERA Accelerator
The superconducting dipole and quadrupole magnets for the proton-electron collider HERA are subjected to extensive tests including measurements of heat loads, helium leak rates, maximum field capability, field integral, field direction and field uniformity. The magnets measured so far exceed the design performance by a safe margin.
KeywordsSuperconducting Magnet Field Distortion Correction Coil Reference Radius Iron Yoke
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- For a recent review of the HERA collider see B.H. Wiik, “HERA Status”, Proceedings of the XXIV Intern. Conf. on High Energy Physics, Munich 1988.Google Scholar
- H. Kaiser, “Design of Superconducting Dipole for HERA”, 13th Intern. Conf. on High Energy Accelerators; Novosibirsk, USSR, Aug. 1986.Google Scholar
- B.H. Wiik, “Design and Status of the HERA Superconducting Magnets”, DESY report HERA 88–05 (1988)Google Scholar
- R. Auzolle, P. Le Marrec, A. Patoux, J. Perot, J.M. Rifflet, “Superconducting Quadrupoles for HERA”, ICFA Workshop on Superconducting Magnets and Cryogenics, Brookhaven 1986, BNL 52006.Google Scholar
- H. Brück, R. Meinke, F. Müller, P. Schmüser, “Field Distortions from Persistent Currents in the Superconducting HERA Magnets”, DESY report 89–41 (1989), submitted to Z. Phys. CGoogle Scholar
- H. Brück, Zhengkuan Jiao, D. Gall, G. Knies, J. Krzywinski, R. Meinke, H. Preissner, P. Schmüser, “Time Dependence of Eddy Current Effects in the Superconducting HERA Magnets”, this conferenceGoogle Scholar