Heat Load on a Superconducting UNK Dipole
The development of superconducting (SC) dipole magnets for the UNK rests upon the cold-iron design. The support system of the helium vessel of a SC UNK dipole consists of four vertical suspensions and four horizontal extension rods placed in two cross sections across the magnet length and also of two anchor extension rods fixing the centre of the helium vessel in thermal cycles. To reduce the value of thermal radiation, use is made of the nitrogen shield fixed with vertical suspensions and of a multilayer insulation put onto the nitrogen shield and helium vessel.
The heat load and the heat leak through the supports to the helium vessel of the SC UNK dipole have been studied. The techniques applied to study these heat loads are presented. The measured value of the heat load is 5–6 W, 1 W falls at the supports. The experimental results obtained are compared with the calculational estimates and feasibilities for a further reduction of a heat load to the helium vessel of the magnet are discussed.
KeywordsThermal Radiation Heat Load Vacuum Vessel Heat Leak Cryogenic System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. I. Balbekov et al.// Proc. of XII Intern. Conf. on High Energy Accel. — Batavia. 1983. P. 40.Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Ageyev et al.// Proc. of 1986 ICFA Workshop on Superconducting Magnets and Cryogenics.– Brookhaven 1986. P.13.Google Scholar
- 3.Reference Book on Physical and Technical Foundations of Cryogenics. Edited by M.P.Malkov. M.: Energoatomizdat, 1985, p. 236.Google Scholar
- 4.A. I. Ageyev et al.// Proc. of the 10-th Intern. Cryogenic Engineering Conference. — Butterworth. U.K. 1984. P. 742.Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Datskov. — Preprint JINR 8–83–717, Dubna, 1983.Google Scholar
- 6.U.Esher, S.S.Kozub. — Preprint IHEP 80–43, Serpukhov, 1980.Google Scholar
- 7.S. S. Kozub, Ya. V. Shpakovich. — Inzhe-nerno-Flzicheskly Zhurnal, 1988. v. 54, N. 5, p. 852.Google Scholar
- 8.S.S.Kozub, Ya.V.Shpakovich. — Preprint IHEP 89–24, Serpukhov, 1989.Google Scholar