Mechanical Behavior of Insulating Material of Forced Flow Superconducting Magnets
The mechanical behavior of forced flow superconducting magnets has been simulated using small sized insulator-stainless steel sample. The insulation was made using glass clothes impregnated with B-stage epoxy on the stainless steel which simulated the cable conduit. After the insulated stainless steels were stacked, the assemble was cured to form the model sample. The flexural tests were performed on the model to investigate the mechanical behavior of the system. The shear modulus of the insulating layers were also examined.
KeywordsShear Modulus Failure Mode Flexural Strength Liquid Nitrogen Temperature Span Length
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Yoshida, K., Nishi, M.F., Takahashi, Y., Tsuji, H., Koizumi, K., Okuno, K. and Ando, T., Design of the proto-type conductors for the fusion experimental reactor. IEEE Trans., 1989, Mag-25, 1488–91.Google Scholar
- Shimamoto, S., Ando, T., Hiyama, Y., Tsuji, H., Takahashi, Y., Tada, E., Nishi, M., Yoshida, K., Okuno, K., Koizumi, K., Kato, T., Nakajima, H., Takahashi, O., Shimada, M., Sanada, Y., Iida, F. and Yasukochi, K., Domestic test results of the Japanese LCT coil. IEEE Trans.,1983, Mag-19, 851–58.Google Scholar
- Hattori, Y., Yoshida, Y., Nakajima, H., Koizumi, K., Oshikiri, M. and Shimamoto, s., Measurement of winding rigidity on superconducting coil for fusion magnet design, Proc. MT-9 Zurichi, 1984, 371–374.Google Scholar
- Okada, T., Nishijima, S., Yamaoka, H., Miyata, K., Tsuchida, Y., Mizobuchi, K., Kuraoka, Y. and Namba, S., Mechanical properties of unidirectionally reinforced materials, In Nonmetallic Materials and Composites at Low Temperatures 3, ed. G. Hartwig and D. Evans, Plenum Publishing corporation, 1986, pp. 127–142.Google Scholar
- Okada, T., Nishijima, S., Yamaoka, H., Miyata, K., Fujioka, K., Kuraoka, Y. and Namba, S., Mechanical properties of unidirectionally reinforced composite materials, Adv. Cryog. Eng., 1986, 32, 203–208.Google Scholar
- Okada, T., Nishijimam, S., Mastusita, K., Okamoto, T., Yamaoka, H. and Miyata, K., Dynamic Young’s modulus and internal friction in a composite material at low temperatures, Adv. Cryog. Eng., 1984, 30, 9–16.Google Scholar
- Nishijima, S., Mastusita, K., Okada, T., Okamoto, T. and Hagihara, T., Dynamic Young’s modulus and internal friction in composite materials, In Nonmetallic Materials and Composites at Low Temperatures 3, ed. G. Hartwig, and D. Evans, Plenum Publishing corporation, 1986, pp. 143–151.Google Scholar
- T. Okada, S. Nishijima, K. Mastusita, and Okamoto, T., Effect of interlaminar failure on dynamic Young’s modulus and internal friction on composite materials, Adv. Cryog. Eng., 1988, 34, 115–122.Google Scholar