Flexibility and Reliability of Processing Systems
uncertainty with respect to the realization of continuous parameters (product demands, feedstock qualities, hest transfer coefficients, etc.)
uncertainty with respect to discrete states (especially those related to equipment availability).
KeywordsUncertain Parameter Process Flexibility Flexibility Analysis Economic Production Quantity Equipment Availability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Matrz, H. F. and Waller, R. A., Bavesian Reliability Analysis John Wiley and Sons., New York, 1982.Google Scholar
- 2.Mazumdar, M., Approximate computation of power generating system reliability indexes, in Handbook of Statistics: Vol.7: Reliability and Quality Control Eds. P. R. Krishnaiah and C. R. Rao, Elsevier Publishers, Amsterdam, 1988, pp. 55–72.Google Scholar
- 8.Straub, D.A. and Grossmann, I.E., Integrated statistical metric of flexibility for systems with discrete state and continuous parameter uncertainties, Paper 165c presented at the Annual AIChE Meeting, San Francisco, November 1989.Google Scholar
- 9.Odi, T.O. and Karimi, I.A., A general stochastic model for intermediate storage in noncontinuous processes, Paper presented at the Annual AIChE Meeting, San Francisco, November 1989.Google Scholar
- 12.Pistikopoulos, E.N. and Mazzuchi, T.A., A novel flexibility analysis approach for processes with stochastic parameters, submitted for publication, Comput. Chem. Engng. 1989.Google Scholar
- 13.Pistikopoulos, E.N., Mazzuchi, T.A., Maranas, K. D. and Thomaidis, T.V., Simultaneous assessment of flexibility, reliability, and availability for in-line refinery blending systems: a unified framework for analysis and retrofit design, Technical Report, Department ofChemical Engineering, University of Thessaloniki, 1990.Google Scholar