Hydrothermal Synthesis and Growth of La1−xSrxFeO3 (0 ≤ x ≤0·1) Crystals
Synthesis and crystal growth of La1−xSrxFeO3 have been studied under hydrothermal conditions. The optimum conditions to synthesize LaFeO3 were found to be 425–600°C with 50 wt% KOH solution under 100 MPa. LaFeO3 single crystals have been grown in those conditions up to 0.8 mm in diameter with the temperature gradient of 5°C for 168 h. The perovskite formation regions from the mixture of lanthanum oxide, iron oxide and SrCl2 solution of the composition La1−xSrxFeO3 (x=0.02, 0.10) were similar but a little narrower than those of LaFeO3. The hydrothermal crystal growth brought about the crystals of maximum 0.3 mm at x=0.02 and 0.03 mm at x=0.10.
KeywordsHydrothermal Synthesis Hydrothermal Condition Single Phase Region Component Oxide Lanthanum Oxide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3).T. Sasamoto, J. Mizusaki, M. Yoshimura, W.R. Cannon and H.K. Bowen, Yogyo Kyokai Shi (J. Ceram. Soc. Japan), 90, , 32 (1982)Google Scholar
- 4).M. Takano and Y. Takeda, Funtai oyobi Funmatsu Yakin (J. Japan Soc. Powder and Powder Metal.), 28 , 203 (1981)Google Scholar
- 6).W.B. Li, H. Yoneyama and H. Tamura, Nippon Kagaku Kaishi (J. Chem.Soc. Japan), 1982, 761 (1982)Google Scholar
- 8).J.P. Remeika, J. Am. Ceram. Soc, 78, 4259 (1956)Google Scholar
- 10).L.N. Demianets, A.N. Lobachev and L.V. Usov, Inorg. Mater., 12, 430 (1976)Google Scholar
- 12).M. Yoshimura, K. Yamasawa and S. Sōmiya, Yogyo Kyokai Shi (J. Ceram. Soc. Japan), 90 , 521 (1982)Google Scholar