This paper describes the BICMOS project no 2268: CANDI, and gives its status at the end of the first phase, after 18 months of collaborative work.
The goal of the CANDI project is to develop a mixed analog digital BICMOS technology with the related CAD and design techniques. During the first phase of the project, a 1.2µm BICMOS process has been developed and optimized.; the objective of this technology is to achieve simultaneously high density CMOS logic (SV) and high performance bipolar transistors for analog applications (12V). Together with the technology, a BICMOS cell library has been implemented; and several demonstrators have been designed: a RGB digital decoder for IDTV applications, a mixed analog digital array for the paneuropean cellular radio, and a 16 bit shuffler for wide band telecommunications. The performance of the technology has just been validated on these complex demonstrators, and the next step of the project is to lead this process to a level of maturity guarantying manufacturability, yield and costs for industrial utilisation.
KeywordsMain Partner Cell Library Cellular Radio Complex Demonstrator Mixed Array
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H.C.Lin et al Digest of Technical Papers of IEDM 1987Google Scholar
- H.Iwai et al. “1.2μm BICMOS Technology with High Performance ECL” ESSDERC 87 PP 29–32.Google Scholar
- Electronics “Is BICMOS The Next Technology Driver” Febr. 4th, 1988, PP 55–67Google Scholar
- I.Masuda et al. “High Performances BICMOS Technology and its Applications” Proc. of ESSCIRC, 1987, pp 53 – 59.Google Scholar
- P.Holloway, “ATrimless 16b Digital Potentiometer”, ISSCC Dig.Techn.Papers, 1984, pp 66 – 67.Google Scholar
- Fukushima et al., “A BIMOS FET Processor for VCR Audio”, ISSCC Dig. Techn.Papers, 1983, pp 243 – 247.Google Scholar
- Y.Kowase et al., “A BIMOS Analog/Digital LSI with programmable 280 bit SRAM ”Proc. of IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference, 1985, pp 170–173.Google Scholar
- P.A.H. Hart et al, “BICMOS, ESPRIT 86: Results and Achievements” pp 221–230Google Scholar
- G.Troster et al., “A BICMOS Analog/Digital array for Cellular Radio Applications.”, IEEE Proc.of CICC’ 90, pp 12.6.1–12.6.4.Google Scholar
- M.Gerbershagen et al., “A Hierarchical Cell Based Engineering System for the Design of Semi-Custom Analog Integrated Circuits”, IEEE Proc. of CICC’88, pp 2.2.1–2.2.4.Google Scholar