Infrared Studies on Active Binaries and Circumstellar Matter
The infrared properties of RS CVn-type systems are reviewed. The following points are examined: a) amplitude of the wave-like distortion, b) spectrophotometry, c) infrared excesses. In particular, point c) has been explored in some detail owing to its relevance as far as the evolutionary scenario of RS CVn’s is concerned.
KeywordsSpectral Type Active Binary Infrared Property Circumstellar Matter Infrared Excess
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Antonopoulou, E. : 1982, Hvar Obs. Bull. 1, 55.Google Scholar
- Busso,M.,and Scaltriti,F.: 1989, in preparation.Google Scholar
- Catalano, S. : 1983, in Activity in Red-dwarf Stars, eds. P.B. Byrne and M. Rodono, Reidel, Dordrecht, p. 343.Google Scholar
- Huenemoerder,D.P. : 1985, Astron. J. 90,499.Google Scholar
- Jones,T.W.,and Merril,K.M.: 1976, Astrophys. J. 209,508.Google Scholar
- Milone,E.F. : 1976a, in Multiple Periodic Variable Stars, IAU Colloquium no. 29, ed. W.F. Fitch, Academic Press.Google Scholar
- Rodono,,M. : 1981, in Photometric and Spectroscopic Binary Systems, eds. E.B. Carling and Z. Kopal, Reidel, Dordrecht, p. 285.Google Scholar
- Zeilik,M.,Elston,R.,Henson,G.,and Smith,P.: 1983, Inf. Bull. Var. Stars, no. 2333.Google Scholar