Availability: A Practical Approach on Aerospace Industry
In the present paper, the concepts of reliability, maintenability and availability when used in connection to each other are reviewed.
Mathematical models for availability of single and multiple systems are shown, and the dependence from reliability, maintenability and (for multisystems) the number of units involved is considered.
Differences when dealing with plants or vehicles are reviewed.
KeywordsDuty Cycle Repair Time Repair Rate Maintenance Policy Maintenance Time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).P.T. O’CONNOR “Practical Reliability Engineering” John Wiley & Sons, 2nd edition, 1985.Google Scholar
- 2).Training Program For Reliability, Probability and Safety Analysis“ Douglas Aircraft Company, FAA Contract No. DOT-FA75AC-5123.Google Scholar
- 3).MIL-STD-781.Google Scholar
- 4).Standard Mathematical Tables.Google Scholar
- 5).P.D.T. O’CONNOR et al “Reliability Engineering”, Hemisphere Publishing Corp. 1988.Google Scholar