Edge-Colouring Graphs and Embedding Partial Triple Systems of Even Index
We show that a conjecture about edge-colouring certain graphs implies a conjecture about embedding partial triple systems of even index. We give some evidence to support each of these conjectures.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. B. Cruse, On extending incomplete latin rectangles Proc. 5th Southeastern Conf. on Combinatorics, Graph Theory and Computing (1974), 333–348 Google Scholar
- A. J. W. Hilton, School timetables, Studies on graphs and discrete programming (P. Hansen, ed. ), North Holland (1981), 177 – 188.Google Scholar
- A. J. W. Hilton, Outline latin squares, Annals of Discrete Math. 34(1987), 225 – 242.Google Scholar
- A. J. W. Hilton and C. A. Rodger, The embedding of partial triple systems when 4 divides A, J. Combin. Theory Ser. A. To appearGoogle Scholar
- C. C. Lindner and T. Evans, Finite embedding theorems for partial designs and algebras, SMS 56; Les Presses de l’Université de Montréal (1977).Google Scholar
- C. St. J. A. Nash-Williams, Detachments of graphs and generalized Euler trails, Surveys in Combinatorics (I. Anderson, ed. ), Cambridge Univ. Press (1985), 137 – 151.Google Scholar
- S. J. Stubbs, Embedding partial triple systems, Ph.D. dissertation, Auburn University (1986).Google Scholar