Characteristics of Photosystem Activity of Cyanobacteria Immobilized in Polymer Foams
Phormidium laminosum is a filamentous thermophilic cyanobacterium, non-heterocystous, that can fix nitrogen under microaerophilic conditions. Anabaena azollae is a species of nitrogen fixing, heterocystous cyanobacterium which is usually found as a symbiont of aquatic ferns Azolla.
KeywordsImmobilize Cell Ammonia Production Heterocystous Cyanobacterium Thermophilic Cyanobacterium Aquatic Fern
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).Hall, D.O. and Rao, K.K. (1989) Chimicaoggi, 7, pp.41–47Google Scholar
- (2)Castenholtz, R.W. (1969) Bact. Rev. 33, 476–504Google Scholar
- (3).Brouers, M., Shi, D.J. and Hall, D.O. (1988) in Cyanobacteria (Packer, L. and Glazer, A.N., ed.), Methods in Enzymology Vol.167, pp.629–636, Academic Press, San DiegoGoogle Scholar
- (4).MacKinney, G. (1940) J. Biol. Chem. 132, 91–109Google Scholar
- (5).Tailing, J.F. and Driver, D. (1961) in Primary Productivity Measurement, Marine and Freshwater. Proceedings of the l0 th Pacific Science Congress. Division of Technical Information, U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, pp.142–146Google Scholar
- (7).Shi, D.J. (1987) PhD Thesis, King’s College London, Univ. of London, U.K.Google Scholar