Uniform Stress Effect on Nucleation of Oxygen Precipitates in Czochralski Grown Silicon
Precipitation of oxygen in Czochralski grown silicon, Cz-Si, at higher temperatures is concomitant with stress [1,2]. This follows mostly from the difference in volume between the clustered (precipitated) oxygen atoms and that of the Si atoms originally present in the same region of the lattice. Stress-related effects in Cz-Si are present even at the earliest stages of clustering, that is at the “thermal donor, TD, temperature range” (TDs exert a compressive stress on the surrounding Si lattice ). The same takes place in the case of new donors, NDs, and of nucleation centres for oxygen precipitation, NCs, created at about 1000K.
KeywordsNucleation Centre Nucleation Stage Thermal Donor Oxygen Precipitation Oxygen Cluster
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Reiche, M., Nitzsche, W. (1992) The influence of stresses on the surface-near defect structure, Mat.Res.Soc.Symp.Proc. 262, 621–626.Google Scholar
- 4.Misiuk, A., Datsenko, L.I., Surma, B. and Popov, V.P (1994) Oxygen precipitation in Cz-Si under uniform stress, ed. C.Hill, P.Ashburn Proceed. ESSDERC’94 Conference, Edinburgh 1994, Editions Frontiers, 243–246.Google Scholar
- 5.Misiuk, A. (1995) Microstress in high pressure-temperature treated Czochralski grown silicon with oxygen concentration up to 1.2×l018cm-3, in ed. J. Zmija, A. Rogalski, J. Zielinski, Solid State Crystals: Materials Science and Applications, Proc. SPIE 2373, 335–340.Google Scholar
- 8.Datsenko, L.I., Misiuk, A., Hartwig, J., Briginets, A., Khrupa, V.I.(1994) Influence of preannealing on perfection of Czochralski grown silicon crystals subjected to high pressure treatment, Acta Phys. Polon. A 86, 585–590.Google Scholar
- 9.Antonova, I.V., Fedina, L.I., Misiuk, A., Popov, V.P., Shaimeev, S.S. (1995) DLTS study of oxygen precipitates evolution in Czochralski grown silicon at high pressure-high temperature, in ed. H.Morawiec & D.Stroz, Applied Crystallography World Scientific, 324–327Google Scholar
- 10.Misiuk, A., Adamczewska, J., Bak-Misiuk, J., Hartwig, J., Morawski, A., Witczak, Z. (1991) Hydrostatic pressure effect on oxygen precipitates in silicon single crystal, Acta Phys. Polon. A 80, 317–320.Google Scholar
- 12.Emtsev, V.V. (1995) private communication.Google Scholar
- 13.Bakhadyrkhanov, M.K., Askarov, Sh.I., Narkulov, N., Srazhev, S.N., Toshboev, T.U. (1995) The influence of fast-diffusing impurities on the kinetics of thermodonor generation in silicon at 900–500 C, Phys.Tekhn.Polupr., 29, 1396–1402.Google Scholar