Amplitude Bounds of Stochastic Nonlinear Multibody Systems
For evaluation of the boundedness of stochastic nonlinear multi-body systems, amplitude bounds with respect to the initial conditions are introduced in this paper. The amplitude bounds of stochastic nonlinear systems are analyzed based on the simulations using the Monte Carlo method. Simulations are available for systems with arbitrary finite dimensions and nonlinearities. By comparing the distribution of the random amplitude bounds, the boundedness of the system can be evaluated quantitatively in a statistical sense.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hu, B., Schaub, S. and Schiehlen, W. (1995) Boundedness Evaluation of Structural systems with Randomly Distributed Initial Conditions, submitted to J. of Nonlinear Mechanics.Google Scholar
- Lin, Y.K. and Cai, G.Q. (1993) Stability in probability of some nonlinear stochastic systems. In: Schuëller, G.I., Shinozuka, M and Yao, J.T.P. (eds.), Structural Safety and Reliability, ICOSSAR’93, Vol. 1, A. A. Balkema Publishers, Rotterdam, pp. 165-172.Google Scholar
- Ljapunov, A.M. (1966) Stability of Motion, Academic Press, London. (English translation of the in 1893 published original work in Russian)Google Scholar
- Müller, P.C. and Schiehlen, W. (1985) Linear Vibration, Kluwer, Dordrecht.Google Scholar
- Schiehlen, W. (1993) Nonlinear Oscillations in Multibody Systems -Modeling and Stability Assessment-, In: Kreuzer, E. and Schmidt, G. (eds): 1st European Nonlinear Oscillation Conference, Academic-Verlag, Berlin, pp. 85–106.Google Scholar