Molecular Outflows from Protostars
In this discussion of molecular outflows I isolate what I regard as the basic theoretical questions, and discuss some of the model options in the light of a few decisive observational facts. in addition several new lines of theoretical argument are introduced regarding the behaviour of the protostar environment. These concern the global energy and momentum balance and the nature of the steady state that is compatible with a non-zero Poynting flux. Finally brief reference is made to a thorough study by (Fiege and Henriksen, 1995) of the global model suggested in (Henriksen and Valls-Gabaud, 1994) and fore-shadowed somewhat in (Tsinganos and Sauty, 1992).
KeywordsField Line Accretion Disc Thin Disc Stellar Surface Polar Volume
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bertout C. 1987 Circumstellar Matter, eds. Appenzeller I. and Jordan C., Reidel, Dordrecht; 23.Google Scholar
- Cabrit S. et al. 1995 A&A, in press.Google Scholar
- Fiege. J. and Henriksen, R.N., 1995, prepublications I and II; sumitted to MNRAS.Google Scholar
- Henriksen R.N. 1989 Accretion discs and Magnetic Fields in Astrophysics, ed. G. Belvedere, Kluwer; 117.Google Scholar
- Henriksen R.N. 1993 Cosmical Magnetism, NATO Advanced Study Institute, July 1993, IOA Cambridge, UK.Google Scholar
- Henriksen R.N. 1994 The Cold Universeeds Montmerle et al., Editions Frontieres, 241.Google Scholar
- Kitamura Y., Kawabe R. and Ishiguro M., 1992 PASJ 44, 44Google Scholar
- Mitchell G.F. et al. 1995 ApJ Lett, in press.Google Scholar