A Method for Computing Symmetries and Conservation Laws of Integro-Differential Equations
A method for computing symmetries and conservation laws of integro-differential equations is proposed. It resides in reducing an integro-differential equation to a system of boundary differential equations and in computing symmetries and conservation laws of this system. A geometry of boundary differential equations is constructed like the differential case. Results of the computation for the Smoluchowski’s coagulation equation are given.
KeywordsInvariant Solution Collisionless Plasma Cartan Form Nonlocal Symmetry Nonlinear Boltzmann Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Ibragimov, N. H.: Group Transformations in the Mathematical Physics, Reidel, Dordrecht, 1985.Google Scholar
- 7.Taranov, V. B. : On symmetry of one-dimensional high-freguency motions of collisionless plasma, Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 46(6) (1976), 1271–1277 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 8.Bounimovich, A. I. and Krasnoslobodsev, A. V: Group invariant solutions of kinetic equations, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza 4 (1982), 135–140 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 9.Bounimovich, A. I. and Krasnoslobodsev, AV: On some invariant transformations of kinetic equations, Vestnik Moskov. Univ., Ser. 1, Mat. Mekh. 4 (1983), 69–72 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 14.Kovalev, VF., Krivenko, SV., and Pustovalov, VV: Symmetry group for kinetic equations for collisionless plasma, Pisma Zh. Eksper. Teoret. Fiz. 55(4) (1992), 256–259 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 15.Chetverikov, V. N. and Kudryavtsev, A. G.: Modelling integro-differential equations and a method for computing their symmetries and conservation laws, Adv. Sov. Math, (to appear in 1995 ).Google Scholar
- 16.Drake, R. L.: A general mathematical survey of the coagulation, in G. M. Hidy and J. R. Brock (eds), Topics in Current Aerosol Research, Part 2, International Reviews in Aerosol Physics and Chemistry, Vol. 3, Pergamon, New York, 1972.Google Scholar
- 17.Vinokurov, L. I. and Kac, AV Power solutions of the kinetic equation for the stationary coagulation of atmospheric aerosols, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz. Atmosfer. Okeana 16(6) (1980), 601 (in Russian).Google Scholar