The electromagnetic field in the higher order relativistic geometrical optics
Continuing the paper we are to study here the higher order relativistic geometrical optics, and describe the theory of the electromagnetic field. In the first two sections there are some old and new results concerning the canonical metrical N-connection CT(JV) of the generalized higher order Lagrange space GL(k)n endowed with the fundamental metric tensor (1.2). The coefficients of CT(N) are given in (2.4).
KeywordsElectromagnetic Field Maxwell Equation Geometrical Optic Tensor Field Optic Medium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.R. Miron and T. Kawaguchi: Higher order relativistic geometrical optics, Tensor, N.S. Vol. 53, (1993), to appear.Google Scholar
- 4.R. Miron and GH. Atanasiu: Differential Geometry of the IFC-Osculator bundle, Rev. Roumaine. Pures et Appl., to appear, 1994.Google Scholar
- 5.R. Miron and GH. Atanasiu: Higher order Lagrange spaces. Rev. Roumaine. Pures et Appl, to appear, 1994.Google Scholar
- 6.R. Miron and M. Anastasiei: The Geometry of Lagrange spaces: Theory and applications, Kluwer Acad. Publ. FTPH, Nr.59, 1993.Google Scholar
- 7.J.L. Synge: Relativity: General Theory, North-Holland, 1966.Google Scholar