On Fuzzy Quantifiers
First, A.Mostowski’s concept of generalized quantifiers introduced in 1957 has been translated into fuzzy logic and has been compared with the concept of fuzzy quantifiers that was introduced by L.A.Zadeh in 1983 and has been investigated by him, by R.R.Yager and others in the following years. Secondly, using the notions of T-norm and S-norm a new class of fuzzy universal and existential quantifiers, respectively, has been created.
Thirdly, there are approaches for defining fuzzy quantifiers like “almost all,” “most,” and “many” in arbitrary universes, where the quantifier “almost-all” is used as basic quantifier.
KeywordsFuzzy Logic Cardinal Number Existential Quantifier Syllogistic Reasoning Basic Quantifier
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Barwise and F. Feferman (Eds.): Model-Theoretic Logics. Series: Perspectives in Mathematical Logics. Springer-Verlag, 1985.Google Scholar
- S. Gottwald: Fuzzy Sets and Fuzzy Logic. Foundations of Application — from a Mathematical Point of View. Vieweg 1993.Google Scholar
- V. Novák: Fuzzy Sets and their Applications. Adam Hilger 1989.Google Scholar
- N. Rescher: Many-valued Logic. McGraw-Hill Book Company 1969.Google Scholar
- H. Thiele: On Fuzzy Quantifiers. Fifth International Fuzzy Systems Association World Congress ’93, July 4–9, 1993, Seoul, Korea. Conference Proceedings. Volume I, 395–398.Google Scholar
- H. Thiele: On T-Quantifiers and S-Quantifiers. Twenty-Fourth International Symposium on Multiple-Valued Logic, May 25–27, 1994, Boston, Massachusetts. Conference Proceedings, 264–269.Google Scholar
- H. Thiele: On the Concept of Cardinal Number for Fuzzy Sets. Invited Paper, EUFIT’94 (European Congress on Fuzzy and Intelligent Technologies), Aachen, Germany, September 20–23, 1994. Conference Proceedings, vol. 1, 504–516.Google Scholar
- B.A. Trakhtenbrot: On the algorithmic unsolvability of the decision problem in finite domains, (in Russian). Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 70 (1950), 569–572.Google Scholar
- L.A. Zadeh: A computational theory of dispositions. In: Proc. 1984 Int. Conference Computational Linguistics (1984), 312–318. See also: [ZAD87A].Google Scholar
- L.A. Zadeh: Syllogistic reasoning as a basis for combination of evidence in expert systems. In: Proceedings of IJCAL, Los Angeles, CA (1985), 417–419.Google Scholar
- L.A. Zadeh: Dispositional logic and commonsense reasoning. In: Proceedings of the Second Annual Artificial Intelligence Forum, NASA-Ames Research Center, Moffett-Field, CA (1987), 375–389.Google Scholar