A Multi-objective Biogeography-Based Optimization with Mean Value Migration Operator
Considering its successful application in solving discrete single objective problems, biogeography-based optimization (BBO) is considered as a new promising intelligent algorithm. Therefore, many studies are conducted to apply it to solve multi-objective optimization problems (MOPs). However, these improved BBOs are not always effective because of the complexity of MOPs. A multi-objective biogeography-based algorithm with mean value migration operator named MVBBO is proposed in this paper. In MVBBO, mean value theory and new boundary constraint rule are adopted to extend the range of feasible domain. Meanwhile, mutation operator and ε-dominance-based archive strategy are employed to achieve better convergence and diversity. Simulation on benchmark functions shows that the proposed MVBBO’s final Pareto solution set is better than NSGA-II and other improved multi-objective BBOs in convergence and distribution of Pareto solutions.
Keywords:BBO Mean value theory ε-dominance relation Archive strategy
We are grateful for the support of the Promotive Research Fund for Excellent Young and Middle-aged Scientists of Shandong Province (BS2010DX033) and a Project of Shandong Province Higher Educational Science and Technology Program (J10LG08).
- 1.Zheng X, Liu H (2010) A scalable coevolutionary multi-objective particle swarm optimizer. Int J Comput Intell Syst 3(5):590–600Google Scholar
- 4.Dawei Du, Simon D, Ergezer M (2009) Biogeography-based optimization combined with evolutionary strategy and immigration refusal systems. In: IEEE International Conference on Man and Cybernetics, pp 997–1002 Google Scholar
- 7.Zhidan XU, Hongwei MO (2012) Improvement for migration operator in biogeography-based optimization algorithm. Pattern Recognit Artif Intell 25(3):544–549 (In Chinese with English Abstract)Google Scholar
- 10.Zheng X, Liu H (2009) A hybrid vertical mutation and self-adaptation based MOPSO. Comput Math Appl 57(11):2030–2038Google Scholar
- 12.Zhang M, Luo W, Wang X (2009) A normal distribution crossover for ε-MOEA. J Software 20(2):305–314. (In Chinese with English Abstract)Google Scholar
- 13.Chen M, Zhang C, Luo C (2009) Adaptive evolutionary particle swarm algorithm for multi-objective optimization. J Syst Simul 21(22):7061–7065 (In Chinese with English Abstract)Google Scholar