A Programming Related Courses’ E-learning Platform Based on Online Judge
Coding practice is the most efficient way in learning of programming related courses. In this paper, we propose a programming related courses’ E-learning platform based on online judge. This platform is designed according to B/S structure, and page optimization techniques such as Gzip are applied to boost the access speed. Teaching achievements prove that the platform can markedly improve the learning effect of programming related courses.
KeywordsACM-ICPC Online judge E-learning Program design
This research is supported by the National Science Foundation of China (No.61170145), the Specialized Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education of China (20113704110001), the Science and Technology Projects of Shandong Province, China (ZR2010FM021, 2008B0026 and 2010G0020115) and the Teaching Reform Projects of Shandong Normal University (2012).
- 1.POJ. POJ[EB/OL]. http://poj.org/
- 2.Li W, Wei G (2005) Peking University online judge and its applications. J Changchun Post and Telecommun Inst, S2Google Scholar
- 3.Kosowski A, Małafiejski M, Noiński T (2008) Application of an online judge & contester system in academic tuition. Advances in web based learning–ICWL 2007. Springer, Berlin, pp 343–354Google Scholar
- 4.Petit J, Giménez O, Roura S (2012) Jutge. Org: an educational programming judge. In: Proceedings of the 43rd ACM technical symposium on computer science education. ACM, pp 445–450Google Scholar
- 5.Luo Y, Wang X, Zhang Z (2008) Programming grid: a computer-aided education system for programming courses based on online judge. In: Proceedings of the 1st ACM summit on computing education in China on first ACM summit on computing education in China. ACM, p 10Google Scholar
- 6.Wang T, Luo Y, Zuo K (2010) The research in practice teaching of data structure based on online judge. Comput Educ 10:028Google Scholar
- 7.SDNUOJ. SDNUOJ[EB/OL]. http://www.acmicpc.sdnu.edu.cn/
- 8.Skiena SS, Revilla MA, Revila MA (2003) Programming challenges: the programming contest training manual. Springer, HeidelbergGoogle Scholar