The Application of Telemedicine Technology
Based on the development of telemedicine in the United States and Europe, the article introduces the history and the present situation of telemedicine development. The current telemedicine mainly contains: tele-consultation, tele-diagnose, tele-education, tele-care and tele-medical car, etc. Telemedicine can be applied in homecare, sea medical, emergency treatment and military, etc. The article also discusses some key technology of telemedicine. The technologies used in telemedicine that has gradually transformed from single television monitor or phone remote diagnose to figure, picture and phonic transmission by mobile communication equipment, wired and wireless network. At the same time, monitoring equipment, all kinds of vital-sign monitors and wireless sensors have become smaller and portable. Wearable biomedical instrument is the research focus in the field of telemedicine. Although there are some problems, such as insufficient understanding, high cost, low accuracy and privacy, telemedicine has the advantages of time and space, and effectively solves the problem of irrational allocation of medical resources and imbalance of medical level.
- 1.Yasushi S (2011) A remote desktop-based telemedicine system [J]. J Clin Neurosci 18:661–663Google Scholar
- 2.Wang X,Richard S, Zhou W et al (2003) The Fast development of PAS brings hope for tele-homecare in China. In: The 25th Annual international conference of the IEEE engineering in medicine and biology society, Cancun MPxicGoogle Scholar
- 3.Maxine LR (1977) Telemedicine: explorations in the use of telecommunications in health care [J]. Soc Sci Med 11:295–296Google Scholar
- 4.James B, Jane H (2009) Adopting integrated mainstream telecare services [J]. Eurohealth 15:8–10Google Scholar
- 5.Frederick N, Prathibha V (2011) Are e-health web users looking for different symptom information than callers to triage centers [J]. Telemed e-Health 17:19–25Google Scholar