The Analysis of Wavelet De-Noising on ECG
The wavelet analysis is very popular in ECG de-noising as one of the most powerful tool to analysis or deal with different problems. This paper describes the generation and characteristics of ECG signals, and the origin of its three major noises. Estimating the original signals from the noise has always been an important part in the field of ECG signal processing. Some key methods of traditional de-noising based on Fourier transform and wavelet de-nosing are presented in this paper; the basic idea of the wavelet de-noising and wavelet de-noising method description show that the features and advantages of wavelet de-nosing are better than the traditional ways. Because of wavelet can simultaneously analyze signals in time-frequency, it can effectively distinguish the mutation and noise of useful signal so to realize de-noising of non-stationary signal and remain useful transient signal without loss, so we can find that wavelet de-noising not only reduces cost but also has better result than traditional methods.
KeywordsECG signals Noise Traditional de-nosing Wavelet de-nosing
- 1.Singh BN, Tiwari AK (2006) Optimal selection of wavelet basis function applied to ECG signal denoising. Digital Signal Proces 16:275–287Google Scholar
- 2.Ercelebi E (2004) Electrocardiogram signal de-noising using lifting-based discrete wavelet transform. Comput Biol Med 34:479–493Google Scholar
- 3.Nazan PA (1997) Online digital filters for biological signals: some fast designs for a small computer. Med Biol Eng Comput 15:534–540Google Scholar
- 4.Mallat SA (1998) A wavelet tour of signal processing, California. doi: 10.1007/s001090000086
- 5.Mallat S. A (1989) A theory for multircslution signal decomposition: The wavelet represention. IEEE Trans PAMI 11:674–693Google Scholar