Vi-RTM: Visualization of Wireless Sensor Networks for Remote Telemedicine Monitoring System
Remote Telemedicine Monitoring Systems (RTMS) based on wireless sensor network give patients more freedom of movement. However, in these systems, numerous biosensors are located on various body parts. Thus, how to manage these sensors to work cooperatively is a challenging problem. Visualization of wireless sensor network for RTMS is a useful tool to solve this problem. This paper presents a framework for visualizing the wireless sensor networks for remote telemedicine monitoring system called Vi-RTM. Our goal is to manage the sensors in a highly convenient form by employing effective visualization algorithms.
KeywordsVisualization Remote telemedicine monitoring system Wireless sensor networks
This work is supported by National Natural Science Foundation of P. R. China under Grant Nos. 61202225, 61272094, 61202417, Project of Shandong Province Higher Educational Science and Technology Program under Grant No. J13LN13, and Shenzhen Basic Research Foundation under Grant No. JC201105190934A.
- 1.Yun D, Kang J, Kim J, Kim D (2007) A body sensor network platform with two-level communications. In: Proceedings of the ISCE 2007, June 2007Google Scholar
- 2.Lorincz K, Malan DJ et al (2004) Sensor networks for emergency response: challenges and opportunities. IEEE Pervasive Comput 4:16–23Google Scholar
- 3.Shnayder V, Chen BR et al (2005) Sensor networks for medical care. In: Proceedings of the 3rd international conference on em-bedded networked sensor systemsGoogle Scholar
- 4.DeVaul R, Thril M (2003) Application and architecture. In: Proceedings 7th international symposium on wearable computers, IEEE Press, pp 4–11Google Scholar
- 5.Wu W, Bui A et al (2008) MEDIC: medical embedded device for individualized care. Artif Intell Med 42:137–152Google Scholar