Study on the Financial Change of the Primary Health Care Institutions After the Implementation of Essential Drug System
The implementation of essential drug system can reduce the burden of medical expenses, guarantee the supply of essential drug. And it also affects the financial situation of primary health care institutions. This paper analyzes the financial change of the primary health care institutions after the implementation of essential drug system by the case analysis of Dantu district, Zhenjiang city, Jiangsu province from the aspects of financial income, financial expenditure, and the balance of financial income and expenditure. The result shows that their financial income and expenditure increase simultaneously, and maintain a financial balance in most primary health care institutions by receiving financial assistance at all levels.
KeywordsThe essential drug system Primary health care institutions Financial change
- 1.Xie W (2012) The phenomenon of drug income subsidized medical service income tends to the end. China Hospital CEO 3:30–35Google Scholar
- 2.Zhou L-L (2013) Analysis on impact of national essential medicine system on primary health institutions. Chongqing Med 5:532–535Google Scholar
- 3.Zhan C-C (2011) Effects of national essential drugs system on drug income in primary medical institutions. China Pharm 36:3374–3375Google Scholar
- 4.Peng L (2010) Effects of essential drug system on primary medical institutions. China Pharm 32:2998–2999Google Scholar
- 5.Chen X-Z (2008) Discussion on the problem of drug income subsidized medical service income. Chine Health Econ 9:8–9Google Scholar