The Value of CBL Autonomous Learning Style for the Postgraduate of Medical Imageology: Promoting Professional Knowledge Learning Based on the PACS
Aims This thesis is to explore the new mode which improves medical imaging masters’ professional knowledge acquisition through the application of CBL autonomous learning mode based on PACS teaching system. Methods 12 full-time postgraduates of medical imageology from level 2004 to 2005 are selected as experimental group. The research platform is PACS in campus teaching system. The professional knowledge teaching and studying process is realized through the CBL teaching method combined with independent teaching studying mode. The evaluation index is based on questionaries and quizes. Results Through this mode of learning, the postgraduate students’ professional knowledge scores of theory and practice are higher than the control group’s obviously. The difference was statistically significant (P < 0.05). Conclusion The CBL autonomous learning mode based on PACS teaching system does well to postgraduates of medical imageology in grasping professional knowledge better, and it can effectively improve the postgraduate students’ self-study ability and the ability of using knowledge comprehensively.
KeywordsPostgraduates’ education PACS CBL Autonomous learning
This study was supported by Research topic of innovation program in graduate education in Weifang Medical University (YY0601); Research topic of innovation program in graduate education in Shandong Province (SDYC11085); Shandong provincial natural science foundation of china (ZR2010HM078).
- 1.Wang X-F, Chen J-H, Zhong Y-H et al (2010) The application of CBL teaching method in the teaching of medical microbiology. China High Med Educ 4:13–14Google Scholar
- 2.Wang H-H, Liang S-H, An S et al (2012) The application of CBL teaching method in the experiment teaching of clinical microbiology. Basic Med Educ 5:344–345Google Scholar
- 3.Wang B, Dong P, Zhang S-Z et al (2008) The application of PACS teaching method in the teaching of medical imageology. Res Med Educ 7:665–666Google Scholar
- 4.Wang X-H, Meng X-C, Kong Q-C et al (2007) The value of autonomous teaching and learning style in the clinical practice of medical imageology. Suppl J Sun Yatsen Univ 27:54–56Google Scholar
- 5.Dong P, Wang B, Sun Y-Q et al (2008) To explore the relationship between the construction of department of molecular imageology and the fostering the ability of postgraduate of medical imageology. China High Med Educ 6:117–118Google Scholar