A Method of Computing the Hot Topics’ Popularity on the Internet Combined with the Features of the Microblogs
The article puts forward a new formula of computing the popularity of the topics, which is based on the stream of the news on the internet. What’s more, the features of the microblogs should be also considered and combined. The hot topics are sorted by the values of them, so the information of the topics is convenient and accurate to be acquired for the public. It is beneficial to the government to supervise the public opinion as well. The experiments are based on both news and the microblogs. Our system could figure out the value of the hot topics by the popularity among users, after that the topics will be sorted automatically. The results of the experiments have shown that the system worked well.
KeywordsHot topic Topic popularity Microblogging-features The formula of computing the topic popularity
This research was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 60873247), National Social Science Fund (12BXW040) and the Natural Science Foundation of Shandong Province of China (No. ZR2012FM038).
- 1.CNNIC (2012) 30th China internet development statistics report. BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 2.Li H, Zhang H (2009) The network hot topic detection based on the subject. In: Fifth national conference on information retrievalGoogle Scholar
- 3.The 2004 Topic Detection and Tracking (TDT2004) (2004) Task definition and evaluation plan. version 1.0, 5 August 2004Google Scholar
- 4.Ye H, Chen W, Dai GZ (2006) Design and implementation of on-line hot discovery model. Wuhan Univ J Nat Sci 11(1):21–26Google Scholar
- 5.Allan J (2002) Introduction to topic detection and tracking: event-based information organization. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, pp 1–16Google Scholar
- 6.Spitters M, Kraaij W (2001) TNO at TDT2001: language model-based topic detection. In: Proceedings of TDT 2001 workshopGoogle Scholar
- 7.Smith DA (2002) Detecting and browsing events in unstructured text. In: The 25th annual ACM SIGIR conference, FinlandGoogle Scholar
- 8.He T, Yi Z, Yong Z (2006) Study on computer-aided popular words and prases extraction based on words’ attributes. J Chin Inf Process 20(6):38–45Google Scholar
- 9.Liu X, He T, Gong H, Chen L (2008) The design of the system of the network hot events detection. J Chin Inf Process 22(6):80–85Google Scholar