Construction of a Differentiated Embryo Chondrocyte 1 Lentiviral Expression Vector and Establishment of its Stably Transfected HGC27 Cell Line
Human differentiated embryo chondrocyte 1 (DEC1), has been suggested to play key roles in immune regulation, cell differentiation, proliferation and apoptosis, circadian rhythms, hypoxia response and carcinogenesis. However, the role of DEC1 in gastric cancer have not been well established. Lentiviral vectors are widely used for the stable expression of genes and currently under development for clinical use in gene therapy. Therefore we intended to construct a lentiviral DEC1 expression vector and then establish a gastric cancer cell line with stable expression of DEC1. The coding sequence of gene was amplified using PCR and cloned into pGV218 vector. 293T cells were transfected using Lipofectamine 2000 and packaged for the recombinant lentivirus particles. When the cloned sequence was identified to be right, the recombinant lentivirus particles were amplified in a large quantity. The titer of virus was determined by real-time PCR. Subsequently, we collected the lentivirus venom to infect the HGC27 cells and establish a stable, overexpressed cell line named GFP/DEC1-HGC27. This study will provide a new cell model for further study of the role of DEC 1in the pathogenesis of gastric cancer.
KeywordsDEC1 Lentiviral expression vector Gastric cancer HGC27
This work was financially supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC No. 81000869 and NSFC No. 81272588), 973 Project grant (2012CB966503 and 2012CB966504).
- 2.Wu Y, Sato F, Bhawal UK, Kawamoto T, Fujimoto K et al (2011) Basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors DEC1 and DEC2 regulate the paclitaxel-induced apoptotic pathway of MCF-7 human breast cancer cells. Int J Mol Med 27(4):491–495Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang L, Li QQ (2007) Embryo-chondrocyte expressed gene 1, downregulating hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha, is another marker of lung tumor hypoxia. Acta Pharmacol Sin 28(4):549–558Google Scholar
- 8.Santhosh CV, Tamhane MC, Kamat RH, Patel VV, Mukhopadhyaya R (2008) A lentiviral vector with novel multiple cloning sites: stable transgene expression in vitro and in vivo. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 371:546–550Google Scholar
- 9.Ravet E, Lulka H, Gross F, Casteilla L, Buscail L, Cordelier P (2010) Using lentiviral vectors for effcient pancreatic cancer gene therapy. Cancer Gene Ther 17:315–324Google Scholar
- 15.Wu Y, Sato F, Bhawal UK, Kawamoto T, Fujimoto K et al (2011) Basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors DEC1 and DEC2 regulate the paclitaxel-induced apoptotic pathway of MCF-7 human breast cancer cells. Int J Mol Med 27(4):491–495Google Scholar