Design and Implementation of Educational Administration Information Access System Based on Android Platform
In order to help teachers and students to access the education management information system (EMIS) more conveniently, a client based on Android platform is designed and implemented in this paper. After logging, this client software can obtain user’s education information from EMIS server using HTTP resolve mechanism, including basic personal information, student achievement, student course management and examination arrangement, etc. In development stage, regular expression which is an effective development method is applied to analyze complex data. The test results show that this client has perfect performance both in system compatibility and terminal compatibility. On one hand, it can adapt different mobile terminals’ size and touch feature. On the other hand, it can adapt EMIS deployed in different colleges and universities due to its special design of universal data interface.
KeywordsAndroid Education administration information Data access Mobile terminal
This work is sponsored by undergraduate students scientific research projects Foundation of Jiangsu University under Grant No.11B007, Foundation of Jiangsu University under Grant No. 12JDG103 and College Students’ Practice Innovation Training Program of Jiangsu Province under Grant No. 2012JSSPITP1256.
- 1.He XP, Li DP, Zhang T (2009) Algorithm and realization of classes merging in management of college physical education course selecting. Comput Eng Des 30(16):3859–3862Google Scholar
- 2.Meenakumari J (2008) Education and educational administration: a technological perspective. In: computer science and information technology. ICCSIT’08, pp 836–840Google Scholar
- 3.Meng X-W Hu X, Wang L-C, Zhang Y-J (2012) Mobile recommender systems and their applications. J Softw, pp 1–18Google Scholar
- 4.Gu C, Chen YQ, Liu JF, Zhou JY (2012) Design of indoor LBS system based on android platform and its implementation. Comput Eng Des 33(1):396–401Google Scholar
- 5.Cheng Y-H (2010) An android system design and implementation for telematics services. In: 2010 IEEE international conference on intelligent computing and intelligent systems (ICIS), pp 206–210Google Scholar
- 6.Zhu WJ, Zhang L, Wang YB, Zhao L (2011) Exploration on library smartphone application. New Technol Library Inf Serv 205(5):13–19Google Scholar
- 7.Geng DJ, Suo Y, Chen Y, Wen J, Lv YQ (2011) Design and implementation of Android phone based access and control in smart space. J Comput Appl 31(2):559–571Google Scholar
- 8.Tang M (2012) Design and developing the communication helper based on Android. Comput Sci 39(6A):573–576Google Scholar
- 9.Yao G-X (2007) Study and design of information integration model based on web data. In: IEEE international conference on control and automation. ICCA 2007, pp. 1385–1387Google Scholar
- 10.Khomh F (2012) Adapting Linux for mobile platforms: an empirical study of Android. In: 2012 28th IEEE international conference on software maintenance (ICSM), pp 629–632Google Scholar