Several Reflections on the Design of Educational Computer Games in China
With the development and application of computer technology and Internet in China, educational computer Games come into schools as a new education technology and have profound influences on the Chinese education system. For the purpose of promoting the joyful function and education value, a good design of educational computer games is essential. This paper describes some of the considerations that must be taken into account in creating effective interactive games, such as a well-designed educational computer game itself can become an effective learning environment; design tactics of excellent educational computer games ought to be on base of theory of multiple intelligences; the match between children’s psychology and game characters design should be implemented in a well-designed educational computer game and analysis of education objectives and contents is the first step for the design of educational computer Games.
KeywordsDesign educational computer games China
This research was supported by grants from the Tianjin education scientific planning projects (Teaching resources construction and practice of the modern biotechnology curriculum in vocational college, No. 2007AA021506) and Twelfth Five Years scientific planning projects of Higher education from Higher Education Academy of Tianjin (Teaching resources construction and practice of biotechnology major in vocational college, No. 125q202).
- 1.Squire K (2003) Video games in education. Int J Intell Simul Gaming 2(1):49–62Google Scholar
- 2.Van Eck R (2006) Digital game-based learning: it’s not just the digital natives who are restless. Educ Rev 41(2):16–30Google Scholar
- 3.Squire K (2005) Game-based learning: an X-learn perspective paper. MASIE center: e-learning consortium.http://www.masieweb.com/research-and-articles/research/game-based-learning.html
- 4.Michael D, Chen S (2006) Serious games: games that educate, train, and inform. Thomson, BostonGoogle Scholar
- 5.Jonassen DH (1994) Thinking technology: toward a constructivist design model. Educ Technol 34(4):34–47Google Scholar
- 6.Vogten HMH et al (2006) Coppercore service integration integrating IMS learning design and IMS question and test interoperability. In: 6th IEEE international conference on advanced learning technologies, Kerkrade. IEEE Computer Society Press, The NetherlandGoogle Scholar