The Construction of Semantic Network for Traditional Acupuncture Knowledge
Objective: Because traditional concepts of TCM have multiple meanings resulting in the ambiguity of understanding, which restricting the construction and expression of acupuncture knowledge systems. To facilitate the exchange of ancient and modern knowledge, we designed to build a semantic network of traditional acupuncture knowledge. Methods: We use the seven-step method to build traditional acupuncture ontology which could be represented in the form of semantic network. Conclusions: The knowledge system of traditional acupuncture could be re-organization and interpreted by semantic network built on the basis of conceptual terms. Acupuncture ontology is divided into eight categories, acupuncture and moxibustion, Body Constituents and Orifices of Sense Organ, treatment, diseases, meridians, blood and body fluids, acupoints, acupuncture appliances, included 939 terms and 16 semantic relations.
KeywordsTraditional acupuncture knowledge Semantic network
This work is supported by “National Natural Science Fund of China (NO. 81202758)”and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central public welfare research institutes (ZZ22070328).
- 1.Zhang S (2009) Study on acupuncture theories and concepts in Neijing. Nanjing University of Traditional Chinese MedicineGoogle Scholar
- 2.Lijie D (2007) Semantic web, semantic grid and semantic network. Comput Modernization 7:38–41Google Scholar
- 3.Lijing (2005) The ontology theory in the document retrieval system. Beijing Library Press, Beijing, p 111Google Scholar
- 4.Jia L, Zhu L, Dong Y et al (2012) Study and establishment of appraisal system for traditional Chinese medical language system. China Dig Med 7:13–16Google Scholar
- 5.Yin A, Zhang R (2003) Study of methodology about built traditional Chinese medicine language system. Chin J Info Tradit Chin Med 10(9):90–92Google Scholar
- 6.Ontology development for unified traditional Chinese medical language system. J Artif Intell Med 32(9):15–27Google Scholar
- 7.Jia J, Wei R (2009) Analysis on the methods of converting thesauri into ontology. Info Sci 27(9):1363–1365Google Scholar