The Application of E-Learning in English Teaching of Non-English Major Postgraduate Education
Application of E-learning in English teaching of non-English major postgraduate education has been a commonly debated issue in English teaching field of higher education. As an advanced and comprehensive learning method, E-learning has demonstrated a great potential in promoting the overall English teaching level in various postgraduate programs, as well as enhancing students’ capacity of academic reading, writing and translating. This paper cites the definition of E-learning, then illustrates characteristics of both E-learning and English teaching in higher education, finally point out steps of application of E-learning in Non-English major postgraduate programs.
KeywordsE-learning Non-english major postgraduate education Bridging function between cultures Innovativeness
- 1.Field RF (2008) Identity community and power in bilingual education. In: Hornberger NH (ed) Encyclopedia of Language and education, 2nd edn. Shanghai, ChinaGoogle Scholar
- 2.Kaplan RB, Balduf R (2008) An ecology perspective on language planning. In: Hornberger NH (ed) Encyclopedia of Language and education, 2nd edn. Shanghai, ChinaGoogle Scholar
- 3.McDonough K, Trofimovich P (2011) Using priming methods in second language research. Beijing, ChinaGoogle Scholar
- 4.Ricento T (2008) Researching historical perspectives on language, education and ideology. In: Hornberger NH (ed) Encyclopedia of Language and education, 2nd edn. Shanghai, ChinaGoogle Scholar
- 5.Williams G (2008) Language Socialization: a systemic functional perspective. Hornberger, InGoogle Scholar