Research of CRYPTO1 Algorithm Based on FPGA
The Mifare Classic card is the most widely used contactless smart card in the world. The internal encryption algorithm and security attract more and more people’s attention recently. This paper studies three-pass authentication and gives the design procedure of CRYPTO1 algorithm. The design uses FSM method based on FPGA to implement this algorithm. Test results show that the system of encryption and authentication runs fast and correctly. The research builds the foundation to research and estimate the security of the smart card.
KeywordsMifare classic CRYPTO1 encryption algorithm LFSR FPGA
This work has been supported by the Zhejiang Open Foundation of the Most Important Subjects under grant GK110204003-10.
- 1.NXP semiconductors Mifare standard 4 K byte card IC functional specification. http://www.nxp.com/documents
- 2.de Koning Gans G (2008) Analysis of the Mifare Classic used in the ovchipkaart project. Radboud University Nijmegen, NetherlandsGoogle Scholar
- 3.Nohl K, Plötz H (2007) Mifare little security, Despite obscurity. In: Presentation on the 24th congress of the Chaos Computer Club, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- 4.ISO/IEC 14443. Identification cards—Contactless integrated circuit card—Proximity cardsGoogle Scholar
- 5.Garcia FD, de Koning Gans G, Ruben M, van Rossum P, Roel V, Wichers Schreur R, Jacobs B (2008) Lecture notes in computer science, vol 5283. Springer, Berlin, pp 97–114 Google Scholar
- 6.Nohl K, Evans D, Starbug S, Plötz H (2008) Reverse-engineering a crypto-graphic RFID tag. USENIX SecurityGoogle Scholar
- 7.Finkenzeller K (2006) RFID-Handbuch. Publishing House of Electronics Industry, BeijingGoogle Scholar