Analysis of Electromagnetic Radiation Effect on Layered Human Head Model
This paper deal with interaction of electromagnetic wave with the human body by using the algorithm of Frequency-Dependent Finite-Difference Time-Domain method ((FD)2 TD method). The detailed algorithms of (FD)2 TD method are presented in this paper when the electromagnetic wave propagates in dispersive medium. Thereby a similar three tiers spherical model of 2-D human head is built which from outside to inside is divided into the skin layer, the bone layer and the brain layer. And more, the distribution of specific absorption rate (SAR) is utilized to analyze the effect of the electromagnetic wave on the human head at 900 MHz job-frequency point. Compared with the usual international safe standards, the simulation results are below the safe standard when human head exposure to electromagnetic radiation in a short time.
Keywords:(FD)2TD method Dispersive medium Human head SAR Electromagnetic radiation
Our work is supported by Anhui Colleges and Universities Natural Scientific Research Project (grant No. KJ2011A060), National Natural Science Foundation of China (grant No. 61071001), Doctor/Master Scientific Research Launch Projects, Special Foundation for Young Scientific Research of Anhui Jianzhu University 2011 (grant No. 2011183-13).
- 2.Toftgard J, Hornsleth SN, Andersen JB (1993) Effects on portable antennas of the presence of person. IEEE Trans AP 41(6):739–746 Google Scholar
- 3.Liu Y (2002) Biological electromagnetic effect. Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications Press, BeiJingGoogle Scholar
- 4.Franek O, Pedersenf GF (2006) Numerical modeling of aspherical array of monopoles using FDTD method. IEEE Trans antennas and propag 54(7):1952–1963Google Scholar
- 5.Ge D, Yan Y (2011) Finite-difference time-domain method for electromagnetic waves, 3rd edn. XiDian University PressGoogle Scholar
- 6.Zhou X, Lai S (2003) Numerical simulation of interaction system between monopole handset and layered human head model. J South China Univ Technol 31(12):5–8Google Scholar
- 7.Reyhani SMS, Ludwig SA (2006) An implanted spherical head model exposed to electromagnetic fields at a mobile communication frequency. IEEE Trans on Bio Eng 53(10):2092–2101Google Scholar
- 8.IEEC95.1-1991, IEEE Standard for Safety Levels with Respect to Human Exposure to Radio Frequency Electromagnetic Fields, 3 kHz to 300 GHz Google Scholar
- 9.Han Y, Lu Y, Zhang J, Zhang H (2008) Specific absorption rate distribution in human body caused by PIFA for bluetooth applications. Chinese J Radio Sci 23(2):360–364Google Scholar
- 10.Niu Z, Hou J, etc (2006) The bioelectromagnetics dosimetry and numerical analysis of electromagnetic dose absorbed by human body. Chinese J Biomed Eng 25(5):580–589Google Scholar