Research on the Contemporary College Students’ Information Literacy
Objective In order to learn about the current situation of information literacy of the college students in China. Methods we take the random sampling method and carry out questionnaire survey in certain groups of students in Nanyang Normal College. This study will cover College students’ information awareness, information knowledge, information skills and information ethics. Result The contemporary college students have certain information literacy, but their ability needs to be improved urgently. Conclusion It is suggested to take appropriate measures to improve their information literacy according to the characteristics of the colleges students.
KeywordsInformation literacy College students Resolving measures
The research is supported by the project of 12th five-year plan of educational science in Hubei Provice (No. 2011B327), Doctor’s research project of Wuhan Polytechnic University (09y036).
- 1.Ping S, Xiaomu Z (2005) Oriented information literacy outline. Libr Forum 25(4):12–18Google Scholar
- 2.Haiqun M (1997) On the information literacy education. Libr Acad J 23(2):84–87Google Scholar
- 3.Wang M (1997) Analysis on the demanding of modern information society for librarian. Gui Tu Acad periodical (4):67–69Google Scholar
- 4.Huang L (2009) Research on training strategies of normal students information literacy in modern educational technology environment. The East China Normal University, ShanghaiGoogle Scholar
- 5.Wang J (1999) Information literacy theory. Shanghai Education Press, ShanghaiGoogle Scholar
- 6.Sang X (2000) Into the learning theory and practice of the information age. Central Radio and Television University Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 7.Taiping L (2001) On the information quality and training. High Educ Res (4):99–105Google Scholar
- 8.Kekang H, Wenguang L (2002) Educational technology. Beijing Normal University Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 9.Zhong Z (2001) Information literacy: develop your eight capacities. China Education Newspaper. 1st Mar 2001Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang Y, Li Y (2003) Information literacy a new definition. Educ Res (3):47–49Google Scholar