Compulsory and Discontinuous Education as a New Model: 4+4+4 Is It Chaotic?
Being an appliance of the education system, schools have a feature that causes change in the system but at the same time they are being affected as well. This process can be painful in school which is the center of this change and further innovations. In our country, which was implemented into a new education system 4+4+4 do you think it was a painful process? In addition, do you think teachers or school administrators experienced some sort of info-pollution during this transition. What do they know about 4+4+4? Do you think teachers and administrators were informed enough? Based on the data obtained, does it reveal the opposite? What kind of changes that new education system brought? In the light of new regulations schooling age dropped down to 6, primary school regulated in 4 years so did secondary school and high school. This educational process meant that compulsory education would be 12 years due to the lack of given diploma to student during the 4 year breaks among the schools. As a result Turkey’s 8-year compulsory education has been risen behind in terms of training time in comparison with other countries.
KeywordsEducation System School Administrator Compulsory Education Physical Infrastructure Primary School Teacher
- Drucker PF (1998) Fırtınalı Dönemlerde Yönetim (Çev: Toksöz B), İnkılap Kitabevi, Yönetim Dizisi, İstanbulGoogle Scholar
- Erçetin ŞŞ (2001) Yönetimde Yeni Yaklaşımlar. Nobel Yayınevi, AnkaraGoogle Scholar
- Erçetin SS, Açikalin SN, Bülbül MS (2013a) A multi-dimensional approach to leadership in chaotic environments. In: Banerjee S (ed) Chaos and complexity theory for management: nonlinear dynamics. Business Science Reference, Hershey, pp 89–104. doi: 10.4018/978-1-4666-2509-9.ch005
- Erçetin ŞŞ et al. (2013b) Milli Eğitim Bakanlığı Kız Teknik Kız Teknik Öğretim Genel Müdürlüğü “Mesleki Teknik Eğitimin Güçlendirilerek Yeniden Yapılandırılmasına Yönelik Gerçekçi, Uygulanabilir Ve Bütünleşik Bir Model Önerisi Sonuç Raporu”Google Scholar
- Morgan G (1998) Yönetim ve Örgüt Teorilerinde Metafor (Çev: Bulut G). MESS, İstanbulGoogle Scholar
- Töremen F (2000) Kaos Teorisi ve eğitim Yöneticisinin Rolü. Kuram ve Uygulamada Eğitim Yönetimi 22:203–219Google Scholar
- Türnüklü A (2000) Eğitim bilim araştırmalarında etkin olarak kullanılabilecek nitel bir araştır-ma tekniği: Görüşme. Kuram ve Uygulamada Eğitim Yönetimi 6(24):543–559Google Scholar