- 798 Downloads
A species able to magnify its entropy effect in nature by orders of magnitude, as the genus Homo has done through mastery of fire and the splitting of the atom, needs to be a perfectly wise and controlled species, lest its invention gets out of hand.
KeywordsHadron Collider Mass Extinction Event Anthropogenic Global Heating Palm Grove Edward Teller
- Camus A (1942) The myth of sisyphus. Alfred A Knopf, New York, p 120Google Scholar
- de Silva JRF, Williams RJP (1991) The biological chemistry of the elements. Clarendon Press, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- Grossman E (2011) Radioactivity in the ocean: diluted, but far from harmless. Environment 360. http://e360.yale.edu/feature/radioactivity_in_the_ocean_diluted_but_far_from_harmless/2391/
- Hadron Collider (2008) LHC switch-on fears are completely unfounded. The Institute of Physics. PR 48(08). 5 Sept 2008Google Scholar
- Koestler A (1986) Janus: a summing up. Picador Books, LondonGoogle Scholar