Graph-Based Batch Mode Active Learning
Active learning aims to overcome the shortage of labeled data by obtaining class labels for some selected unlabeled data from experts. However, the selection process for the most informative unlabeled data samples can be demanding when the search is performed over a large set of unlabeled data. In this paper, we propose a method for batch mode active learning in graph-based semi-supervised learning. By acquiring class label information about several unlabeled data samples at a time, the proposed method reduces time complexity while preserving the beneficial effects of active learning. Experimental results demonstrate the improved performance of the proposed method.
KeywordsActive learning Batch mode active learning Label propagation Semi-supervised learning
- 1.Zhu X (2006) Semi-supervised learning literature survey. Technical report, Computer sciences, University of Wisconsin-MadisonGoogle Scholar
- 2.Chapelle O, Scholkopf B, Zien A (2006) Semi-supervised learning. MIT press, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- 6.Settles B (2009) Active learning literature survey. Computer sciences technical report 1648. University of Wisconsin-MadisonGoogle Scholar
- 7.Zhu X, Ghahramani Z, Lafferty J (2003) Semi-supervised learning using Gaussian fields and harmonic functions. In: Proceedings of ICML, pp 912–919Google Scholar
- 9.Simon D (2006) Optimal state estimation. WileyGoogle Scholar