Hybrid Data Fusion Method Using Bayesian Estimation and Fuzzy Cluster Analysis for WSN
Data fusion is the process of combining data from multiple sensors in order to minimize the amount of data and get an accurate estimation of the true value. The uncertainties in data fusion are mainly caused by two aspects, device noise and spurious measurement. This paper proposes a new fusion method considering these two aspects. This method consists of two steps. First, using fuzzy cluster analysis, the spurious data can be detected and separated from fusion automatically. Second, using Bayesian estimation, the fusion result is got. The superiorities of this method are the accuracy of the fusion result and the adaptability for occasions.
KeywordsData fusion Fuzzy cluster analysis Bayesian estimation Spurious data
This research is supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 61071076, the National High-tech Research And Development Plans (863 Program) under Grant 2011AA010104-2, the Beijing Municipal Natural Science Foundation under Grant 4132057.
- 1.Ozdemir S, Xiao Y (2009) Secure data aggregation in wireless sensor networks: a comprehensive overview. Comput Netw 53:2022–2037Google Scholar
- 2.Bahador K, Khamis A, Karry FO, Razavi SN (2013) Multisensor data fusion: a review of the state-of-the-art. Inf FusionGoogle Scholar
- 3.Welch G, Bishop G (1995) An Introduction to the Kalman Filter. Department of Computer Science, University of North Carolina, North CarolinaGoogle Scholar
- 6.Zhu H, Basir O (2006) A novel fuzzy evidential reasoning paradigm for data fusion with applications in image processing. Soft Comput J—A Fusion of Foundations, Methodologies and Applications, 2006Google Scholar
- 9.Xinzhou W, Haichi S (2003) Construction of Fuzzy Similar Matrix. J Jishou Univ (Nat Sci edn)Google Scholar