mrGlove: FPGA-Based Data Glove for Heterogeneous Devices
In this paper, we propose a glove based equipment (mrGlove) for a user interface that controls a device through hand motion recognition. The mrGlove provides more user experience compared to conventional devices such as a keyboard and a touchscreen. Our mrGlove is able to control a heterogeneous device (Windows or Android) that offers more convenience and user experience. Experimental results prove the feasibility of our proposal for enhancing convenience and user experience by obtaining control of an object through motion recognition in the PC and the smartphone.
KeywordsData glove Heterogeneous device Motion recognition FPGA
This study was supported by Seoul National University of Science and Technology.
- 1.Dipietro L, Sabatini AM, Dario P (2008) A survey of glove-based systems and their applications. IEEE Trans Syst, Man, Cybernetics, Part C: Appli Rev 38(4)Google Scholar
- 2.Nintendo Wii http://www.nintendo.com/wii
- 3.Microsoft Kinect http://www.xbox.com/en-US/kinect
- 4.Jeong YM, Lim KT, Lee SE (2012) mGlove: Enhancing user experience through hand gesture recognition. Jin D, Lin S (eds) Advances in EECM. LNEE, vol 1 Springer, Heidelberg, pp 383–386Google Scholar
- 5.Terasic DE0-nano board, http://www.terasic.com.tw/en
- 6.LabVIEW, http://www.ni.com/labview