Investigation of Google+ with Mobile Device Implement into Public Health Nursing Practice Course
In recent years, mobile device assisted clinical practice learning is popular for the nursing school students. The introduction of mobile devices not only saves manpower and avoids the errors, but also enhances nursing school students’ professional knowledge and skills. In order to respond to the demands of different learning strategies and reinforce the maintenance of learning system, new Cloud Learning is gradually introduced to instructional environment. This study introduces mobile devices and Cloud Learning in public health nursing practice with their advantages and adopts Google+ integrating different application tools as the learning platform. The users can save and use the data by all devices with wireless internet. According to findings of this study, learning effectiveness of the learners adopting Google+ is higher than that in traditional learning. Most of the students and nursing educator have positive attitude and are satisfied with the innovative learning method.
KeywordsMobile device Public health nursing practice Google+
This work was supported in part by the National Science Council (NSC), Taiwan, and ROC, under Grant NSC 102-2511-S-041-002, NSC 101-3113-P-006 023 and NSC 100-2511-S-006-015-MY 3.
- 2.Eklund J, Kay M, Lynch HM (2003) E-learning: emerging issues and key trends: a discussion paper. Australian National Training AuthorityGoogle Scholar
- 5.Brian J, Jamieson S (2002) Post-surgical cardiac patients receive new level of care. Caring 21(3):28–29Google Scholar
- 6.Edwards DJ (2001) Help is at hand (held): meet the new personal digital assistants that will keep you informed. Nurs Homes Long Term Care Manage 50(4):52–54Google Scholar
- 8.Miller J, Shaw-Kokot JR, Arnold MS, Boggin T, Crowell KE, Allegri F et al (2005) A study of personal digital assistants to enhance undergraduate clinical nursing education. J Nurs Educ 44:19–26Google Scholar
- 9.Wang Y, Hong A (2010) The construction of virtual learning community of teachers in the times of cloud learning. Chin Educ Technol 1:118–122Google Scholar
- 10.Raman T (2008) Cloud computing and equal access for all. W4A2008 Keynote, Beijing, China, pp 21–22Google Scholar
- 11.Sedayao J (2008) Implementing and operating an internet scale distributed application using service oriented architecture principles and cloud computing infrastructure. iiWAS2008, Austria, pp 417–421Google Scholar
- 12.Al-Zoube M (2009) E-Learning on the cloud. Int Arab J e-Technol 1(2):58Google Scholar