A Novel Genetic Algorithm for Test Sheet Assembling Problem in Learning Cloud
The assessment is the most effectively tool for the teachers to realized the learning status of the learners. The test sheet assembling is an important job in the E-learning. In the future learning cloud environment, the large amount of items would be aggregated into the itembank from various sources. The test sheet assembling algorithm should be with the ability of abstract the needed information directly from the items. This paper proposed an effective method based on genetic algorithm to solve the test sheet assembling problem. The experimental result shows the effectiveness of the proposed method.
KeywordsE-learning Genetic algorithm Test sheet assembling
The authors would also like to thank Kang Hsuan Publishing and Han Lin Publishing for providing their itembanks and the Chinese Knowledge and Information Processing (CKIP) group, Institute of Information Science, Academia Sinica for providing their Chinese Word Segmentation System to support this research.
- 3.Tseng SP, Chiang MC, Yang CS, Tsai CW (2010) An efficient algorithm for integrating heterogeneous itembanks. Int J Innovative Comput, Inf Control 6(10):4319–4334Google Scholar
- 4.Bork A, Gunnarsdottir S (2001) Individualization and interaction. Tutorial Distance Learning, vol 12 of Innovations in Science Education and Technology. Springer, Netherlands, pp 47–62Google Scholar
- 5.Pellegrino JW, Chudowsky N, Glaser R (2001) Knowing what students know: the science and design of educational assessment. The National Academies Press, USAGoogle Scholar
- 8.JISC (2007) Effective practice with e-assessment: an overview of technologies, policies and practice in further and higher educationGoogle Scholar
- 11.Glover F, Laguna M (1997) Tabu search. Kluwer Academic Publishers, HeidelbergGoogle Scholar
- 12.Holland JH (1992) Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems. MIT Press, BostonGoogle Scholar
- 13.Kennedy J, Eberhart RC (1995) Particle swarm optimization. In: Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on neural networks. pp 1942–1948Google Scholar
- 15.Gu P, Niu Z, Chen X, Chen W (2011) A personalized genetic algorithm approach for test sheet assembling. In Leung H, Popescu E, Cao Y, Lau R, Nejdl W (eds) Advances in web-based learning—ICWL 2011. Vol 7048 of Lecture notes in computer science, Springer, Berlin, pp 164–173Google Scholar
- 16.Chinese Document Segmentation (2008). http://ckipsvr.iis.sinica.edu.tw/
- 17.Porter MF (1997) Readings in information retrieval. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc., San Francisco, pp 313–316Google Scholar
- 19.Han Lin Publishing (2002). http://www.hle.com.tw/
- 20.Kang Hsuan Publishing (2002). http://www.knsh.com.tw/