The Design of an Information Monitoring Platform Based on a WSN for a Metro Station
Due to the safety and comfort problems of subway stations, we propose a system that can monitor environmental information by constructing a fundamental information monitoring platform based on a WSN. The basic idea is to deploy a large number of sensor nodes with the ability of sensing, computing and communicating in the station to form a wireless network and the information collected by different nodes will be sent in real time to the backend database. Then, we can acquire all kinds of monitoring information from the platform after a series of processing steps conducted by the platform. If any abnormal data ware found, the corrective measures will be taken immediately. The main features of our proposed platform are the design of the system’s functional structure and the design of the software and hardware modules. Also, we propose to incorporate a dormancy mechanism to save energy.
KeywordsMonitoring platform Sensor nodes WSN
This research is supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 61071076, Beijing Science and Technology Program under Grant Z121100007612003, the Beijing Municipal Natural Science Foundation under Grant 4132057.
- 1.Mo L, Yunhao L (2007) Underground structure monitoring with wireless sensor networks. In: Proceedings of 6th international symposium on information processing in sensor networks, 2007. IPSN 2007Google Scholar
- 3.Ulema M (2004) Wireless sensor networks: architectures, protocols, and management. In: Network operations and management symposium, 2004. NOMS 2004. IEEE/IFIPGoogle Scholar
- 5.Pereira V et al (2011) A taxonomy of wireless sensor networks with QoS. In: New technologies, mobility and security (NTMS), 2011 4th IFIP international conferenceGoogle Scholar
- 6.Sharma P, Bhadana P (2010) An effective approach for providing anonymity in wireless sensor network: detecting attacks and security measures. Int J Comput Sci Eng 1(5):1830–1835Google Scholar
- 7.Sikka P, Corke P, Overs L (2004) Wireless sensor devices for animal tracking and control. In: Local computer networks, 2004. 29th annual IEEE international conferenceGoogle Scholar