An Efficient Group Key Management Scheme for Web-Based Collaborative Systems
Web 2.0 describes a collection of web-based technologies which share a user-focused approach to design and functionality. Under the supporting of Web 2.0 technologies (e.g., HTML5), there are many applications, e.g., seamless reader over equipment, collaborative editing with multiple members, portable multimedia over devices, on browsers become feasible. In one of our previous works, we proposed a two-factor authentication with key agreement scheme for web-based collaborative systems. This paper further extends it to have secure group communication for web-based collaborative systems. With the proposed mechanism, members of the collaborative work could be share their messages easily and co-work securely. In order to provide high efficiency and data confidentiality, this paper presents an efficient group key agreement scheme for group members. The group members can join/leave the group easily.
KeywordsWeb-based applications Collaborative systems Key management
This study is conducted under the “Digital Convergence Service Open Platform” of the Institute for Information Industry which is subsidized by the Ministry of Economy Affairs of the Republic of China. This work was also supported by National Science Council, NSC101-2218-E-025-001.
- 1.Harjono J, Ng G, Kong D, Lo J (2010) building smarter web applications with html5. In: CASCON NJ, USA, p 402–403Google Scholar
- 2.Lu YF, Lin PH, Chou SC, Wang RS (2012) Multimedia support framework for distributedweb-based collaborative editing. IEEE ISIC, InGoogle Scholar
- 3.Lautamaki J, Nieminen A, Koskinen J, Aho T, Mikkonen T, Englund M (2012) cored: browser-based collaborative real-time editor for java web applications. In: CSCW, New York, NY, USA, p 1307–1316Google Scholar
- 4.Yang Y, Zhou J, Wong JW, Bao F (2010) towards practical anonymous password authentication. In: ACMACSAC, New York, NY, USA, p 59–68Google Scholar
- 7.Wan Z, Ren K, Lou W, Preneel B (2008) Anonymous id-based group key agreement forwireless networks. IEEE WCNC, Netw Track, InGoogle Scholar
- 8.Lu YF, Lin PH, Ye SS, Wang RS, Chou SC (2012) A strong authentication with key agreement scheme for web-based collaborative systems. IEEE ISPACS, InGoogle Scholar
- 9.Bilinear Pairings http://rooster.stanford.edu/~ben/maths/ep/pairing.php
- 10.Yacobi Yacov (2002) A note on the bi-linear diffie-hellman assumption. Cryptology ePrintArchive, ReportGoogle Scholar
- 11.Identity-based-encryption http://www.voltage.com/technology/ibe.htm