DCT-Based Watermarking for Color Images via Two-Dimensional Linear Discriminant Analysis
In this paper, we propose a watermarking algorithm based on Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT) using Two-dimensional Linear Discriminant Analysis (2DLDA) for color images. At first, the color image is converted into the YIQ color space and then transformed into the frequency domain by DCT. During the embedding stage, two watermarks of reference and logo are embedded into the Q component. Then, watermark extraction is done by 2DLDA from the Q component based on the frequency domain of DCT. By considering the Human Visual System (HVS), experimental results have shown that the watermark can be correctly extracted and better robustness is provided after various image attacks.
KeywordsTwo-dimensional linear discriminant analysis (2DLDA) Watermarking Discrete cosine transform (DCT) YIQ color space
This research is supported in part by the National Science Council, Taiwan under the grant of NSC 101-2221-E-130-026.
- 5.Ye J, Janardan R, Li Q (2004) Two-dimensional linear discriminant analysis. Adv Neural Inf Process Syst 17:1569–1576Google Scholar
- 6.Li M, Yuan B (2005) 2D-LDA: A statistical linear discriminant analysis for image matrix. Pattern Recogn Lett 26:527–532Google Scholar
- 7.Pizzolante R, Carpentieri B, Castiglione A, Giancarlo D-M (2011) The AVQ algorithm: watermarking and compression performances. In: Third international conference on intelligent networking and collaborative systems, Fukuoka, Japan, pp 698–702Google Scholar
- 8.Pizzolante R, Carpentieri B (2012) Copyright protection for images on mobile devices. In: Sixth international conference on innovative mobile and internet services in ubiquitous computing, Palermo, Italy, pp 585–590Google Scholar
- 9.Wang Y-P, Chen M-J, Cheng P-Y (2000) Robust image watermark with wavelet transform and spread spectrum techniques. In: Conference record of the thirty-fourth Asilomar conference on signals, systems and computers, vol 2, pp 1846–1850Google Scholar
- 12.Trémeau A, Muselet D (2009) Recent trends in color image watermarking. J Imaging Sci Technol 53:010201-1–010201-15Google Scholar
- 13.Zhang D, Jing X, Yang J (2006) Biometric image discrimination technologies. Idea Group Publishing, HersheyGoogle Scholar