Erratum to: Information Technology Convergence
Erratum to: J. J. (Jong Hyuk) Park et al. (eds.), Information Technology Convergence, DOI 10.1007/978-94-007-6996-0
The following chapter title along with the text should read as last chapter of this book.
A Study on Trusted Computing for Mobile Cloud Environments
Abstract Cloud computing has the advantage of reducing computing equipment installation costs and management and maintenance costs. However, if cloud computing is used on mobile devices, it will have the security problems possessed by existing Web environments and mobile devices. In this paper, a trusted computing method and a service model are proposed for enhancing security in mobile terminals where cloud computing is used. This model was designed considering important elements of trusted computing, such as Computing Offload, Data Access, and Security.
Keywords Mobile·Cloud computing·Trusted computing
Cloud computing has many advantages including the fact that users may not care that...
This study was financially supported by Seoul National University of Science & Technology.
- 1.Dinh HT, Lee C, Niyato D, Wang P (2011) A survey of mobile cloud computing: architecture, applications, and approaches. Wireless communications and mobile computing, Oct 2011Google Scholar
- 2.Kang DH, Han JH, Lee YK, Cho YS, Han SW, Kim JN, Cho HS (2010) Smartphone threats and security technology. Telectronics Telecommun Trends 25(3):72–80Google Scholar
- 3.Kim K, Kang DH (2009) Smartphone security technology in an open mobile environment. J KIISC 19(5):21–28Google Scholar
- 4.Berger S, Cáceres R, Goldman KA, Perez R, Sailer R, van Doorn L (2006) vTPM: virtualizing the trusted platform module. In: Proceedings of the 15th conference on USENIX security symposium, vol 15. USENIX Association, USAGoogle Scholar
- 5.Huang D, Zhou Z, Xu L, Xing T, Zhong Y (2011) Secure data processing framework for mobile cloud computing. IEEE INFOCOM 2011 workshop on cloud computingGoogle Scholar
- 6.Hada PS, Singh R, Manmohan M (2011) Security agents: a mobile agent based trust model for cloud computing. Int J Comput Appl 36(12):12–15Google Scholar
- 7.TCG (Trusted Computing Group), http://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org
- 8.Achemlal M, Gharout S, Gaber C (2011) Trusted platform module as an enabler for security in cloud computing. Proceedings of the conference on network and information systems security (SAR-SSI), 2011, IEEE, May 2011Google Scholar
- 9.Rocha F, Abreu S, Correia M (2011) The final frontier: confidentiality and privacy in the cloud. Computer 44(9):44–50Google Scholar
- 10.Kumar K (2010) Cloud computing for mobile users: can offloading computation save energy? Computer 43(4):51–56Google Scholar