Trajectory Calculation Based on Position and Speed for Effective Air Traffic Flow Management
Trajectory modeling is basic work for 4D-Route modeling, conflict detection and air traffic flow management. This paper proposes a novel algorithm based on coordinate prediction for trajectory calculation. We demonstrated through simulations with flight position and ground speed, and experimental results show that our-trajectory calculation exhibits much better performance in accuracy.
This research was supported by a grant (07항공-항행-03) from Air Transportation Advancement Program funded by Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime affairs of Korean government.
- 1.Banavar S, Grabbe SR, Mukherjee A (2008) Modeling, optimization in traffic flow management. Proc IEEE 96(12):2060–2080Google Scholar
- 2.James KK, Lee CY (2000) A review of conflict detection and resolution modeling methods. IEEE Trans Intell Transp Syst 1(4):179–189Google Scholar
- 3.Adan EV, Erwan S, Senay S (2009) A two-stage stochastic optimization model for air traffic conflict resolution under wind certainty. In: 28th digital avionics systems conference 2009, pp 2.E.5-1–2.E.5-13Google Scholar
- 4.Lin X, Zhang J, Zhu Y, Liu W (2008) Simulation study of algorithm for aircraft trajectory prediction based on ADS-B technology. In: Asia simulation conference—7th international conference on systems simulation and scientific computing, pp 322–327Google Scholar
- 5.Terence SA (2007) A trajectory algorithm to support en route and terminal area self-spacing concepts, NASA/CR-2007-214899Google Scholar