A Numerical Approach to Solve Point Kinetic Equations Using Taylor-Lie Series and the Adomian Decomposition Method
The point kinetic equations in nuclear dynamics, various analytical methods have been used. In this paper, a numerical approach of point kinetic equations using an inherently large sampling interval and multiple inputs is developed and analyzed. To implement this method, Taylor-Lie Series under the Zero Order Hold (ZOH) is used to approximate the neutron density and precursor concentrations at each corresponding time step. Afterwards, an additional technique, the Adomian Decomposition Method, is used based on its merit of algorithmic and computational advantages in carrying out the discretization.
KeywordsPoint kinetic equations Numerical solution Taylor-Lie series Zero order hold (ZOH) approximation Adomian decomposition method
This work was supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant funded by the Korea government (MEST) (No. 2012-038978) and (No. 2012-0002434).
- 1.Nahla AA (2011) Taylor’s series method for solving the nonlinear point kinetics equations. Nucl Eng DesGoogle Scholar
- 2.Sanchez J (1989) On the numerical solution of the point kinetics equations by generalized Runge–Kutta methods. Nucl Sci Eng 103:94–99Google Scholar
- 7.Adomian G (1993) Solving frontier problems of physics: The decomposition method. Springer, LondonGoogle Scholar
- 8.Cherruault Y, Adomian G (1993) Decomposition methods. In: A new proof of convergence. Math Comput Model 18:103–106Google Scholar
- 10.Hetrick DL (1971) Dynamics of nuclear reactors. The University of Chicago Press, ChicagoGoogle Scholar
- 11.Petersen CZ, Dulla S, Vilhena MTMB, Ravetto P (2011) An analytical solution of the point kinetics equations with time-variable reactivity by the decomposition method. Prog Nucl Energy 53:1091–1094Google Scholar